Specializing In Clear Ceramic Braces, Metal Braces, Invisalign® & Orthodontic Treatment in Wellington & Boynton Beach, FL
What To Expect At Your Child’s Braces Consultation With Petrover Orthodontics
We always feel excited to meet you and your child for the first time. During your free braces consultation and Petrover Smile Analysis, we will thoroughly examine your child’s teeth and jaws and discuss potential braces and orthodontic treatment with you both. This important 60-minute braces consultation will give us insight into your son or daughter’s orthodontic needs.
What Does The Petrover Smile Assessment & Consultation For Braces Include?
The Petrover Smile Analysis includes X-rays and photos and possibly impressions for study models. We need these in order to develop just the right braces and treatment plan for your child. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour. One of our Wellington, FL orthodontists or Boynton Beach, FL orthodontists will assess elements of your child’s treatment by figuring out the answers to these questions:
- Does your child have a condition that orthodontics and braces can successfully address?
- Does your child need braces and orthodontic treatment right away, or should we delay it until they’ve aged a little and grown their adult teeth?
- What treatment procedures will we use to correct the problem?
- Will we need to remove any permanent teeth?
- How long will braces and orthodontic treatment take?
- How much will it braces and orthodontic treatment cost?
- Which payment options for your braces and orthodontic treatment will fit your needs best?
We welcome your child or teen’s questions and encourage you to ask some as well!
But while we can often answer these general questions during your child’s first visit and braces consultation, some answers will need to wait until we have analyzed their diagnostic records. We feel it is important to carefully consider each child’s individual needs, because in-depth planning leads to better results and happier children and teens!
What Happens Next?
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We promise that you will leave our Wellington or Boynton Beach orthodontic office with a clear understanding of your child’s specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions you may have.
What Petrover Orthodontics Needs From You
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit to our orthodontic office:
- Any panoramic X-ray your child has had taken within the past six months.
- An orthodontist insurance card, if you have one. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your cost for braces.
When Should My Child First See A Wellington or Boynton Beach, Florida Orthodontist?
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should get their first orthodontist checkup by the age of seven. Some orthodontists routinely begin treating children at an earlier age. We don’t. Years of experience and research inform us that most children will not gain anything by having orthodontic treatment before they reach second grade. Infrequently, a family physician asks us to see a younger child to professionally evaluate their little teeth and jaws. But most parents that bring their small kids to see us feel relieved to hear that braces and orthodontic treatment can wait for a while.
To Learn More…
If you’re wondering whether your own young child would benefit from seeing us prior to second grade, please contact us for more information at 561.795.3055. One of our friendly orthodontic team members will happily answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment if that seems best.
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Petrover Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in Wellington & Boynton Beach, Florida (FL) is the right one. Follow the steps below to start your journey towards the smile you've always dreamed of!
- Instantly download our FREE Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist.
- Call (561) 771-5015 to ask questions or set up your free Petrover Smile Assessment!
- Contact our Wellington or Boynton Beach, FL orthodontic office via our online form.